The modern business environment is rapidly evolving on the backdrop of advances in internet technology. Any business which is not harnessing the power of the internet risks being swept aside in this revolution.
According to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) there are over 3.29 billion internet users. This makes the internet a new frontier in business marketing. Previously all a business required to boost visibility was a website but this has changed as competition grows and search engine webmaster guidelines take effect.
The Place of Local Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
To stay ahead of the competition, your business website must be optimized for search engines. Search engine optimization (SEO) has now become the buzzword in online marketing as businesses compete for better ranking on search engine result pages (SERPs) by improving user experiences.
However, there is need for local businesses to change their marketing strategies and this can only be done by narrowing their focus to the local market. To do this, business owners have to invest in local search engine optimization (SEO).
Local SEO services Los Angeles help to connect you with more qualified local prospects. This is a strategy where your website is optimized to target local customers who are really in need of your product or service.
Local marketing is crucial in a world where consumers are looking for instant gratification. Increased mobile use also necessitates local marketing as your target customers are looking for immediate solutions to their shopping needs. Through local SEO you will remove the guesswork out of your marketing strategy by narrowing down on the customers who are most likely to buy your services.
Fascinating Local SEO Statistics
The ecommerce industry is now blossoming with Forrester Research showing it will surpass $372 billion by end of 2017. Amidst this phenomenal growth is an increasing influence of local SEO as seen through these statistics:
- According to Google research local search eventually leads to 50% of mobile users visiting a local store within the same day.
- According to BIA/Kelsey 97% of consumers now use the internet to research local products.
- In 2014 alone there were over 140 billion local searches on both mobile and desktop.
- The Mobile Movement Study shows 95% of smartphone users have checked local information.
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews and Google is the first choice when looking for referrals. Other sites for local reviews include Yelp, TripAdvisor, Yahoo! Local and Angie’s List among others.
- A study by Google shows that 18% of local mobile searches will lead to a sale within the same day.
All these numbers highlight the importance of optimizing your website for local search. Local SEO services ensure that every dollar you use in marketing is well tracked and spent. There is also better use of metrics in marketing and you can easily provide a personalized shopping experience to your clients.
Your website will stand out in local SERPs and this is critical if you are to establish yourself as an authority in your niche. Local SEO guarantees better ROI in your marketing because it is a cheaper strategy.
From social media to directory listing, your local SEO partner will ensure your brand is highly visible, a dream-come true for every online marketer.